Plays of the Week:
Play of the week goes to Dr. Ben Jack, for his outstanding work during his 2-week sedation elective. Dr. Jack helped place PIVs in over two dozen patients, masked ventilated patients during nitrous oxide, discussed sedation plans with families and led procedural timeouts. He performed a foley catheter placement in a little infant, and he consistently stepped up when the team was busy, even so far as removing the foley and PIV to prepare the child for discharge. Lastly, he expertly calmed a child with a soft lullaby, as noted by a staff member. His contributions were extremely well-received amongst the PSU team! Great job, Ben!
Play of the week also goes to Dr. Amy Davis, for an impressively detailed medical student evaluation. The time you dedicated to the evaluation and feedback is very appreciated!
Play of the week also goes to Dr. Connor Liggett, who presented results of our infant hip study at the Academic Pediatric Association meeting in Charlottesville, Virginia Saturday to over 100 attendees. Represented Walter Reed Bethesda very well!
Congratulations to the following for their PAS 2023 presentation acceptances:
- Sidney Zven: "Exploring Food Insecurity and WIC Enrollment in Military Families" Poster Presentation
- Anthony Lucido: "QI 1: Improvement Science Research Methods & Evaluation of QI Educational Interventions" Poster Presentation
- Colin McNamara: "Hole" Exome - Phenotyping to Fill the Holes in Whole Exome Sequencing" Poster Presentation
- Brian Graziose: "Using an Innovative Model to Improve Performance of the Infant Hip Exam" Platform Presentation
Congratulations to the following for their recent post-graduation assignments/fellowships:
- Capt Peter Broughton: Langley AFB (71st Fighter Squadron)
- CPT Elise Reddington: CNMC Cardiology Fellowship
Time and Location
Sunday, 2/26 Brian Graziose's Birthday 🎉
Faculty: 0730 - 0850 America 2525 B/C Residents: 0745 - 0850 Allergy Conf Room, Room 4105
Rotation Supervisors, Military/Academic Advisors, Residency Leadership ONLY Pediatric Residents ONLY
MR: Case & Audiology Lecture, Feleppelle
0745 - 0850 America 2525 B/C
Wednesday, 3/1 First Day of Women's History Month
Grand Rounds: "Is Flying During Pregnancy Associated with Adverse Pediatric Outcomes?" Matthew Royall, MD
0745 - 0845
Room A3, Bldg A, USUHS and Virtual Zoom Platform Meeting ID: 999 6780 8867